French Colonial America
Board Members and Officers
LOOKING TO THE FUTURE FOR OUR PAST
For many years, our site operated under the title of the"The Bolduc House Museum." It has been owned and operated by the NSCDA-MO since 1949. Other nearby structures were added over time: In 1970, the Bolduc-LeMeilleur House was purchased, restored, and donated to the campus. In 2011, the Beauvais Linden House was opened to the public for the first time as a gift shop and orientation center for the site. In October 2012, the old Bank of Ste. Genevieve building was purchased to be repurposed as an education and exhibit facility. In May of 2013 the Jean-Baptiste Valle House was purchased, as was the Francois Valle II House in December of the same year. Both will be used to illustrate the ongoing story of French Creole traditions in this region. The entire campus of historic buildings and the exhibit facility, opened in 2018, is known as The Centre for French Colonial Life.
In November of 2016, a brand new 501(c)(3) nonprofit group was created, French Colonial America, in a tremendous undertaking to transform our site from being a simple house museum to functioning as a focal point for French colonial studies. Our expansion is an effort to help expand understanding of the distinctive cultural heritage of the Illinois Country and its impact on the land, its people, and our country as it stands today.
Leadership for this effort is provided by our volunteer board members and officers who provide us with strategic guidance and fiscal oversight, as well as practical assistance in every area, ranging from fundraising and communications to gardening and copy-editing. The progress we make would not be possible without their hard work and dedication.
Tandy Thompson, President, St. Louis Susan Aselage, Vice President, St. Louis
Anne Babington, Secretary, St. Louis Peggy Strelinger, Treasurer, St. Louis
Peter Raven, St. Louis
Pat Raven, St. Louis
Christy James, St. Louis
Steve Kling, St. Louis
Blanche Touhill, St. Louis